Groups of hosting solutions
A hosting solution is connected with hoarding and/or sharing specific web content on a server administered by a website hosting distributor. There are various forms of hosting services used for different goals, so let's take a glance at them. In that way, you can elect what you want, depending on whether you wish to have a blog, e-mailbox accounts, or to share files with mates and acquaintances.
- File hosting: a service distributed by various providers, which allows you to share immense files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archived documents, and so on. This service is also known as file storage, and its single objective is to share files, since it does not support web site uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either receive an accidentally created download link for each of them, or you will be able to view an index of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to load .html or .php web files in your web browser. Free-of-cost file hosting services are often supported by showing adverts by the download links, while a timer forces you to wait for a given spell of time to see them. A given file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you run a paid file storage account, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download immediately, and also there is no limit when it comes to the download speed or the file size.
Nowadays, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting corporations, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more voguish "cloud hosting". This is an entirely untrue explanation of the literal connotation of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting platform would divide the load between different groups of web servers in a cluster, which are committed to attending different web hosting services (email, disk storage, statistics, DNS, databases, site hosting Control Panel, etc.) So, the file hosting service is merely a type of a disk storage hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: close to file hosting; specific firms offer a hosting solution for images solely. This hosting brand is good if you desire to share a large quantity of pictures with chums or partners since the service is usually free. You will receive a random link for each picture or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file storage service, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the service cannot be utilized for web sites.
- E-mail hosting: a solution committed to managing your electronic mail accounts. Some firms offer web site hosting services for sites, but do not provide an e-mail service. If you want to possess an e-mail address with your domain name but do not wish to own a web site, then the email hosting service is what you want. You can open e-mail address accounts and manage them, but there will be no hosting service for the domains. The email hosting service includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP email servers.
- Video hosting: this solution allows you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to a certain video clip, or you can embed the video in your site that is hosted somewhere else. The advantage of availing of this approach in lieu of uploading the video in a hosting account is that the video file creates a certain amount of CPU load, so with a few videos and several hundred visitors, you may have a problem with your site hosting supplies. Embedding the video clip will permit you to manage as many videos as you want without worrying about system resources.
- Web site hosting: this is the service that you require if you wish to run a web site. To some extent, it includes all of the aforementioned hosting variants since, along with your web pages, you can also host pics and files, you can have databases and mail aliases, upload video files, etc. At Angry Dog Hosting Company, for instance, you can take a glance at web hosting and dedicated web server hosting accounts that allow you to have all of the abovementioned services in a single place. There may be limits based on the form of hosting service that you've opted for - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your web site hosting package may be better or worse in comparison with the standard e-mail/file/video/image hosting packages that are purposed for specific content solely.